Who are we?
The British Academy of Jewellery is a jewellery school where technical training is not an afterthought. Where technical training is not seen as a hindrance to creativity, but where knowledge acquired by the hands provides inspiration. We aspire to be a school where students do not shy away from originality and creativity, but where the traditional techniques are taught to then be challenged.We offer a range of government-accredited diplomas, apprenticeships and short courses designed to provide students with thesavoir-faire to design, make and sell jewellery of the highest technical standards. We also work closely with the global industry including the UK's top jewellers, trade and luxury brands in hopes to inspire the next generation of jewellers and equip them with skills needed to innovate and flourish in the industry of today.
Purpose of the role:
We are growing our Marketing team and we are looking for a Marketing Manager to join the department to support the Head of Marketing to create and promote engaging and interesting content over effective marketing and communication channels. The role will be varied and demand led, moving from social media and SEO one day to creating email campaigns and arranging networking events the next.
Working across business units, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in our success at marketing and promoting our courses, traineeships, diplomas and Apprenticeships to learners and employers.
To increase traffic generation and learner acquisition and enrolments through compelling, engaging content. You will have oversight of digital activity and be responsible for using social media, PPC, SEO, and email and online marketing effectively. It will also be necessary to use analytical tools and metrics to maximise the experience and ease of journey for both learners and employers when using our website.
Support the Head of Marketing and the team with the implementation of a full marketing strategy with the purpose of increasing learner numbers across all programmes, including Apprenticeships, diplomas and traineeships through a range of marketing and communication tools and channels.
To help develop a range of branded, engaging and suitable marketing collateral including learner and employer brochures and fact sheets, event invitations, programme and exhibitions information.
To proactively manage key relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders. To work with our tutors and internal experts to produce interesting and engaging content for all our marketing and communication channels and to work with our current students to promote their success stories. We will be looking for the post holder to create and provide networking opportunities to highlight BAJ as a leader in the training sector.
To ensure full integration across all our marketing and communication channels to ensure our learners and employers experience a positive multichannel experience.
- Qualifications Degree in Marketing, Media, Journalism or Social Media Marketing or related qualification in business or related discipline.
- Relevant social media training Experience & Job Knowledge.
- Web design experience
- Experience of building and managing online communities and creating and managing social media campaigns.
- Experience of using social networks in a business context using online marketing techniques.
- Experienced in managing a varied workload and working with numerous stakeholders.
- Presentation skills Negotiating/influencing skills.
- Evidence of building and maintaining productive working relationships Client/customer focused approach to delivering solutions.
- Interest and awareness in developing technologies and a passion for working with the internet. Ability to remain calm and deliver work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative