Head of International Learners Recruitment
Who are we?
The British Academy of Jewellery is a jewellery school where technical training is not an afterthought. Where technical training is not seen as a hindrance to creativity, but where knowledge acquired by the hands provides inspiration. We aspire to be a school where students do not shy away from originality and creativity, but where the traditional techniques are taught to then be challenged.
We offer a range of government-accredited diplomas, apprenticeships and short courses designed to provide students with thesavoir-faire to design, make and sell jewellery of the highest technical standards. We also work closely with the global industry including the UK's top jewellers, trade and luxury brands in hopes to inspire the next generation of jewellers and equip them with skills needed to innovate and flourish in the industry of today.
We are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to shape, lead and drive learner recruitment & sales internationally. You will be responsible for achieving international student targets. You will devise sales plans, lead the team and deliver recruitment activities directly. You will work in the context of a fully integrated marketing, commercial and recruitment function, all focused on achieving results.
- Recruit international suitable learners for a range of programmes and courses to help develop their skills and make them more able to find employment
- Establish opportunities for productive working relationships with partner organisations and referral agencies
- Maintain, develop and nurture relationships with existing partner organisations and referral agencies, as well as new partner organisations
- Meet operational targets for learner recruitment as defined by the Centre Manage
- Evaluate learner engagement activities, and administrative processes, to identify areas for improvement, proposing alternative activities that could increase learner engagement
- Promote the services and products provided by the organisation at evry opportunity, including external events, meetings and communications
- Represent the organisation and conduct yourself in a courteous and professional way, ensuring a high level of quality and customer service
- Use a variety of methods to engage with key stakeholders with a view to increasing learner recruitment – such as one-to-one, team meetings, awareness-raising sessions, talks, presentations, press releases, social media and marketing
- Maintain and provide information, advice and guidance to internal and external partners and key stakeholders
- Provide IAG to learners as part of the enquiry and sign up processes
- Produce reports and feedback on learner outcomes and overall effectiveness of referral agencies
- A proven track record of leading a highly effective sales team;
- A strong commercial focus with an ability to grow full cost income streams;
- Significant experience of working in international markets;
- Experienced, with a comprehensive knowledge of the training sector, in particular funding, qualifications, delivery, assessment and the future of training;
- Proven track record in successful learner recruitment and client management including developing engagement, negotiation and lead sourcing;
- Experience in managing online recruitment tools to support learner recruitment into short courses and diplomas.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in taking personal responsibility for income and other sales-related targets, managing multiple projects, monitoring progress and ensuring delivery to deadlines.
- The ability to manage a complex and fast moving workload;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and demonstrable presentation skills;
- Successful experience of managing external partners/relationships;
- Previous experience of Apprenticeship recruitment and Employer Engagement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Capable of challenging and being challenged;
- Honesty and integrity;
- A commitment to the organisations vision, mission and values.