Who are we?
We are and ambitious and fast growing company that has several organisations under its umbrella.
British Academy of Jewellery: A leading diamond and fine jewellery supplier to some of the UKs most renowned high street jewellers, as well as exclusive sole agents for some of the world’s coolest jewellery brands.afford people the opportunity to grow within and steer their careers around the jewellery and luxury sectors. We work with some of the UKs top jewellers, as well as HNWIs and are members of esteemed organisations
Free2Learn: A rapidly expanding and vibrant company that provide free funded training courses for jobseekers giving them the opportunity to enhance their knowledge, develop their skills and gain qualifications in a wide variety of industries. Additionally, we focus on nurturing and harnessing the knowledge and competence of those already in work by delivering high quality apprenticeships and providing a high quality end to end job service.
The Koppel Project: A cultural centre focusing on international and local artists whose work has an emphasis on social engagement. Our mission is to build a community that promotes intercultural exchanges across a range of disciplines. Conceived as a hub for creativity and innovation, The Koppel Project brings together multi-disciplinary project spaces, artists’ studios, co-working spaces, direct trade coffee, and a Phaidon bookshop.
THE MAIN JOB FUNCTION:
To assist the Financial Controller and the external Accountant to maintain effective financial records; for the preparation of company’s management-interim and year-end accounts.Importing invoices for suppliers & raising invoices for customers, reconcile several Bank and Petty Cash accounts, maintain of accounting records and complete basic bookkeeping tasks. Help with the preparation of budgets & forecasting reports.
MAIN ACITIVITIES AND DUTIES:
- Raise invoices for customers, import invoices from suppliers
- Ensure that credit terms are met for both debtors and creditors
- Assist with the preparation of payroll
- Completing bank/petty cash reconciliations
- Entering all finance related information into company’s accounting software (QuickBooks)
- Processing business/employees expenses
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets cash flow forecasts etc
- Posting receipts
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assist with preparation of budgeting.
KEY TASKS AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVE
- To ensure that all procedures outlined are completed accurately and within the deadlines set out by the Head of Finance
- To notify the Head of Finance of any problems and/or questionable practices identified.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Data Entry
- Good knowledge of MSOffice
- Competent knowledge of MS excel (formulas, v-lookups, macros, etc)
- Familiar with payroll processing
- Experience in preparation of P&L and BS
- Detail Oriented
- Honest and discreet
- QucikBooks or relevant accounting software experience highly essential
- Knowledge of Business Math
- Understanding basic Accounting Principles;
- Accounting and/or Finance Degree, Associate's Degree in Business Administration or Related Field or Equivalent Work Experience