Who are we?
The British Academy of Jewellery is a jewellery school where technical training is not an afterthought. Where technical training is not seen as a hindrance to creativity, but where knowledge acquired by the hands provides inspiration.
We aspire to be a school where students do not shy away from originality and creativity, but where the traditional techniques are taught to then be challenged.
We offer a range of government-accredited diplomas, apprenticeships and short courses designed to provide students with the savoir-faire to design, make and sell jewellery of the highest technical standards.
We also work closely with the global industry including the UK's top jewellers, trade and luxury brands in hopes to inspire the next generation of jewellers and equip them with skills needed to innovate and flourish in the industry of today.
Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
- The role of the Learning Administrator is to provide a full administrative service to the Head of Quality
- The post-holder will ensure that processes for managing administrative activity are efficient and meet the outcomes required, including diary management, record keeping and filing
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate staff training records to assist in the effective running of the department. These records will involve the maintenance of both paper and IT systems. Records require updating on a frequent basis.
- Work with Admissions, MIS and Finance to provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders, co-ordinating responses and ensuring that communication is maintained between various parties.
- Ensure all attendance and register reports are up to date and complete.
- Ensure that team administration processes are reviewed and continuously improved, feeding back to the Head of Quality about possible improvements
- Support the development and implementation of quality standards across the organisation to support the continuous improvement of service delivery
- Working with the Head of Quality to review and update quality policies and procedures, including evaluation and monitoring systems
- Make use effective use of MS Office and organisational software packages to deliver the role
- Make use of software packages to prepare reports, communications and documents as requested
- To compile and collate evaluation data for strategic and operational decision making
- To conduct themselves in a professional manner, treating colleagues with courtesy and ensuring that communications are clear and relevant
- Oversee the certification process for all qualifications.
- Engage with all learners about their learning experience and provide feedback to the Head of Quality.
- Experience working in office/business administration, preferably within Further Education
- High level of IT literacy, excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working under pressure, whilst maintaining accuracy and speed
- Good time management and organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Works effectively in a team and conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner
- Understanding of apprenticeship administration